With a distinct lemon-lime scent, Lemongrass essential oil is commonly used to create a calming and relaxing atmosphere. Find out more about this oil that is perfect for diffusing, adding to your beauty regimen, and using in your home for purifying and cleaning.
- Barb Wire Grass
- Citronella Grass
Historical Uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Lemongrass was being distilled for export as early as the 17th century in the Philippines.
- The first samples of the oil were displayed in 1951 at the World’s Fair at London’s Crystal Palace.
- It has been a favorite oil in India for hundreds of years.
- Lemongrass is a perennial grass native to India, Sri Lanka, Burma, and Thailand.
- It is also available in the Young Living Vitality line of essential oils, labeled for internal use.
- Bees are very attracted to Lemongrass essential oil. In fact, many beekeepers use it to assist them in moving bees to a new location.
Aroma and Tips for Blending
- Lemongrass essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the lemongrass plant.
- When diffused, Lemongrass has a light, refreshing fragrance that is reminiscent of fresh lemons and limes.
- This essential oil blends well with Lavender, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus.
- Lemongrass essential oil can be used for topical, aromatic, and internal applications.
- Lemongrass for internal use can be found using Young Living’s Vitality line of essential oils.
Tips & Recipes for Using Lavender Essential Oil
- Lemongrass essential oil is gentle and safe for most users. As with all essential oils, caution should be used with children, pregnancy, or when using prescription medications.
- This Vitality essential oil tastes great in recipes like our Chai Tea Latte with Lemongrass!
- Lemongrass essential oil is perfect for introducing your friends to oils. Our Women’s Solid Deodorant and Muscle Relief Massage Oil are fantastic for helping your friends and family fall in love with essential oils.
- If you’re looking for a fresh diffuser recipe, try this Fresh Forest recipe.
- Or if you’re trying to focus, try this Lemongrass & Basil recipe! (It reminds me of my favorite Thai restaurant!)
- Our Non-Floral Perfume Spray recipe is a great option to typical floral perfumes. Try it this week and let us know how it goes!
Find all of our recipes using Lemongrass essential oil by clicking here.
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!