Tea Tree essential oil is one of the most commonly used essential oils in households around the world and for good reason. With its powerful cleansing properties and fresh, earthy aroma, this versatile oil is a go to for use in home cleaning solutions and skin care.
Tea Tree essential is perfect for:
- maintaining healthy hair and scalp,
- reducing the appearance of blemishes,
- combating household and laundry odors,
- and so much more!
After reading this, you’ll want to make sure you keep a bottle of Tea Tree essential oil around for use in your own personal care, beauty, and housekeeping routine!
- Melaleuca oil
Historical Uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil
The aborigines, a tribe native to Australia, were the first to discover the benefits of Tea Tree essential oil and have used it for centuries.
- Tea Tree essential oil comes from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant which is a member of the myrtle tree family and indigenous to Australia.
- It was given its name by British explorer Lieutenant James Cook in the 1770’s, after he saw native Australians brewing tea using the leaves from the tree.
Aroma and Tips for Blending
- Tea Tree essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant.
- It has a fresh and medicinal scent which can also be described as woody and earthy.
- It is considered a middle note when blending with other oils, acting as an enhancer and equalizer.
- Tea Tree essential oil blends well with all citrus oils, as well as cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary and thyme.
- Tea Tree essential oil can be used for topical and aromatic applications.
Tips & Recipes for Using Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Tea Tree essential oil is safe for most users to use but we suggest diluting with a carrier oil for sensitive skin.
- Tea Tree essential oil is labeled for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- We suggest applying Tea Tree essential oil with carrier oil to help it stay on the skin longer for a more long-lasting effect.
- Tea Tree essential oils is fabulous for maintaining healthy hair and that’s why we added it to our:
- Grimy showers are no match for Tea Tree in our:
- And the kitchen doesn’t stand a chance when you use it in our recipes for :
- Clear and healthy skin has never been easier than with our:
- We also use Tea Tree essential oil in a combination with our 7 Purifying Diffuser Recipes to foster an atmosphere of peace and calm in the home.
- And it just so happens that it is one of the 8 Essentials Oils to Pack When You Go On Vacation!
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!