Sweet. Uplifting. Floral. Geranium essential oil is traditionally used to promote healthy skin and give emotional support. It possesses a calming aroma that may encourage emotional balance and peaceful feelings. It’s perfect for diffusing in your living room, bedroom, or anywhere you want to create an uplifting environment.
Known for its skin smoothing properties, Geranium is also a sublime choice to add to your own personal care or skin care products. You can also add it a steamy bath to create a relaxing, spa-like experience.
Geranium Essential Oil
Historical Uses for Geranium Essential Oil
The ancient Egyptians used Geranium as part of their elaborate beautification rituals to promote beautiful and radiant skin.
Geranium is often referred to as “the poor man’s rose oil” for its similar properties and uses.
Aroma and Tips for Blending
- Geranium essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers and leaves.
- It has a sweet, fresh, citrus-rose scent.
- It is considered a middle note when blending with other oils, acting as an enhancer and equalizer.
- Geranium blends well with ALL oils!
- Geranium can be used for topical, aromatic, and internal applications.
Tips & Recipes for Using Geranium Essential Oil
- This essential oil is gentle and safe for most users to use.
- We suggest applying Geranium essential oil with a carrier oil to help it stay on the skin longer for a more long-lasting effect.
- Experience the calming effect of Geranium essential oil, while enjoying its fresh floral fragrance in one of our many diffuser blends:
- Or take the calm with you wherever you go in one of our unique roller blend recipes:
- Kick your beauty routine up a notch with these personal care products using Geranium essential oil:
- Say goodbye to dry, chapped lips with our Homemade Moisturizing Vanilla Lip Balm that also contains Geranium essential oil.
- Need a pick me up? Try spritzing on some of our Heart Smiles Floral Perfume Spray in the middle of a hectic day!
Find all of our recipes using Geranium essential oil by clicking here.
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!