Delightful, sweet, and uplifting. Tangerine essential oil is another citrus oil that has quickly become a favorite. Find out more about an oil that is wonderful to add to your beauty routine, household cleaners, or even to use in your kitchen.
- Citrus reticulata
- Mandarin Oil
- Citrus Oil
Historical Uses for Tangerine Essential Oil
- Tangerines have been grown for over 3,000 years in China, Japan, and Djibouti.
- The name Tangerine comes from Tangier, Morocco, the port where the first tangerines arrived in Europe in the 1800s.
- Tangerines are actually a variety of the Mandarin Orange, but are smaller in size with a deeper orange color.
Aroma and Tips for Blending
- This essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the tangerine.
- It has a fresh scent that is cleansing and relaxing.
- Tangerine essential oil blends well with many oils, including other citrus oils.
- Try blending it with Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Frankincense, Lavender, Nutmeg, and Neroli.
- It can be used for topical, aromatic, and internal applications.
- Tangerine for internal use can be found using Young Living’s Vitality line of essential oils.
Tips & Recipes for Using Tangerine Essential Oil
- Tangerine essential oil is gentle and safe for most users.
- We suggest applying tangerine essential oil with carrier oil to help it stay on the skin longer for a more long-lasting effect.
- Tangerine Vitality essential oil tastes great in recipes like our NingXia Red Shots or our Orange Cinnamon Biscuits. You can also mix things up with our Homemade Chocolate Body Paint recipe!
- This is a great essential oil for introducing your friends to oils. Our Citrus Water and Burnt Kitchen Cookware Cleaner will help your friends and family fall in love with essential oils.
- If you’re looking for emotional balance in these stressful days, don’t miss our Roller Blends for Emotional Balance or our Roller Blends for Confidence
- Our Lemon Dust Spray with Essential Oils is fantastic for cleaning. Try it with Tangerine and let us know how you like the uplifting scent!
Find all of our recipes using Tangerine essential oils by clicking here.
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!