As winter approaches each year, I work hard to keep our immune systems strong, our house clean, and our food whole in an attempt to stay healthy. This DIY Chest Rub Recipe with Essential Oils is perfect for the cooler weather in fall and winter!
As part of my winter wellness routine, I always keep this Chest Rub on hand. The aroma of R.C Essential Oil makes me feel inspired and comforted with its uplifting aroma! Ahhh…the smell of R.C…it’s just lovely! Especially in the cold weather months when you want to snuggle up on the couch and just relax.
Like Thieves, R.C. Essential Oil blend is unique to Young living. It is a combination of spruce, cypress, three types of eucalyptus oils, and several other immune-boosting oils. It packs a lot of punch!
Young Living doesn’t specifically say what R.C. stands for, but many believe it stands for Respiratory Congestion. It is great for opening up the airways and providing respiratory support. You can diffuse 4-6 drops of R.C. throughout the day, or apply it diluted to the chest or upper back with this Chest Rub recipe.
R.C. Essential oil is a Young Living exclusive blend of:
- Three varieties of Eucalyptus Essential Oil (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora)
- Myrtle Essential Oil
- Marjoram Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Black Spruce Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
That’s a whole lot of oily goodness in just one bottle. Doesn’t that list just sound amazing! If you don’t have R.C., you can substitute Raven or any of the Eucalyptus essential oils in this recipe.
Here’s how to make our DIY Chest Rub with Young Living’s R.C. Essential Oil:
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
DIY Chest Rub with Essential Oils
- Double Boiler
- In a double boiler (or bain-marie), melt the beeswax and coconut oil together.
- Remove from heat. Drop in the R.C. essential oil and stir well.
- Carefully pour into a small tin with a lid or another jar with a lid. Let cool before using it.
- Use as needed by rubbing a quarter-sized amount on the chest and/or upper back. Reapply frequently.