You’ll love the bright, fruity aroma of Orange essential oil. And more than that, you’ll love how it can brighten your daily routine!
This sweet, citrusy essential oil can be used in a myriad of ways in your home and even your personal care regimen. Diffuse it to fill the house with a sense of peace and creativity. It may also help to eliminate unwanted odors at the same time. Mix a few drops with a light moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. Add a little to your favorite cleaning products for a burst of freshness.
Whether you diffuse Orange with other citrus oils for a fresh, uplifting warm-weather scent or blend with spicier oils like cinnamon or clove for a more festive appeal during the holidays, you’ll love that Orange is an oil for all seasons!
Orange Essential Oil
- Rutaceae (citrus)
Historical Uses for Orange Essential Oil
It is thought that Orange trees are probably native to the tropical regions of Asia, namely China where the fruit was used in many home remedies.
- Oranges, called “golden apples” in early times, were associated with innocence, fertility, generosity and gratitude.
- The orange is a hybrid. It’s believed to be a cross between the pomelo (Citrus maxima) and the mandarin (Citrus reticulata).
- The Orange tree is one of the most cultivated fruit trees in the world.
Aroma and Tips for Blending
- Orange essential oil is steam distilled from the rinds of the fruit.
- It’s sweet, juicy aroma is not unlike the fresh fruit.
- It is a top note when blending with other oils.
- Orange acts as an enhancer and personifier. It blends well with cinnamon bark, frankincense, geranium, juniper, lavender, nutmeg, and rosewood.
- This essential oil can be used for topical, aromatic, and internal applications.
- Orange for internal use can be found using Young Living’s Vitality line of essential oils.
Tips & Recipes for Using Orange Essential Oil
- Orange is gentle and safe for most users to use.
- Orange essential oil is photosensitive. Direct sunlight should be avoided for up to 12 hours after topical use.
- We suggest applying this essential oil with a carrier oil to help it stay on the skin longer for a more long-lasting effect.
- Orange Vitality essential oil tastes great in recipes like:
- We also love using Orange essential oil in our original diffuser blends. Try one for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter!
- We put the powerful citrus cleansing properties of Orange essential oil to work in our:
- Give the gift of Orange essential oil in these homemade gifts:
- Orange essential oil works can really jazz up your man’s daily routine. Try these:
- And the whole family will love our DIY Moisturizing Shampoo!
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!