Brighten up your day with the sweet taste of sunshine in a tall glass of Lavender Lemonade. This recipe is a delicious treat for a summer barbecue or an afternoon picnic.
I carry this around with me on my long shopping trips in my “grown-up sippy cup.” Okay, that’s just what I call it but it’s my favorite way to stay hydrated throughout the day. These cups are seriously the best. They keep my drinks cold (or hot, for my coffee) and they do not leak. We probably have a dozen of these cups in different colors since everyone in the family wants their own drinks on the go.
- You’re going to want to make sure to use lemon juice in this recipe. The Lemon Vitality Essential Oil is great for a boost of lemony goodness, and the lemon juice is crucial for that bright tartness. It will take 4 – 8 lemons to yield one cup of fresh juice. Of course, you can just use bottled juice, too. This brand is my all-time favorite when I don’t have fresh lemons available.
- Why do we use demerara sugar? If you’ve never had the joy of trying demerara let me tell you that it adds a flavor that is deep, rich, and delicious. It’s basically less refined than regular white sugar and still has a touch of molasses on the granules. Demerara sugar would be completely perfect sprinkled as a finishing touch on your cupcakes or scones!
- You might be tempted to add more Lavender Vitality. I would strongly recommend that you don’t do that. The lavender flavor should be light and not overpowering. Even one additional drop could be too much. So make sure to measure your single drop over a spoon instead of directly over the pitcher since it flows out pretty quickly.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- 14 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 8 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Vitality Essential Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a gallon container.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Chill and serve over ice
Try this glass beverage dispenser with a spout to serve this lemonade for a party. This one is gorgeous and the perfect size for this recipe