So you received your Premium Starter Kit and you’re ready to get started into the oily lifestyle…but then what? Where do you start?
We want to help you jump start your oil use as you embark on your journey, so we’ve pulled together some of our favorite recipes for the different oils that come in the Premium Starter Kit. Hopefully, this will help you as you begin your oily journey, or spur on ideas of new and useful ways to get more oils into your daily routine.
Below you’ll find over 30 uses for your Starter Kit oils to help you get started enjoying those babies TODAY!
Lavender Essential Oil
These baby wipes are perfect for diaper changes, cleaning up after a messy meal, or anytime baby gets a little grubby. The ingredients are soothing, gentle, and easy to combine for a natural solution to your family’s messes. (To make this recipe with only Premium Starter Kit oils, simply leave out the drop of German Chamomile and double up the Lavender…you’re ready to wipe away!)
This easy-to-make, gentle makeup remover is the perfect blend to leave your face clean, refreshed, and moisturized. See and feel the difference after just one use. No more sleeping in your makeup!
Have beautiful and smoother skin in minutes with this all natural Honey Oatmeal Facial Scrub. This scrub will cleanse and moisturize your skin – and is even perfect for sensitive skin!
If you or someone in your home has long hair, this detangler is a must. Our recipe has been real life tested and reformulated to make sure we have a blend that works! (Click the link below the see proof!)
Banish blemishes with this safe and natural spot treatment! This recipe provides gentle exfoliation, lightening of the blemish, cleansing and moisturizing of the skin. Oh, yeah, and no CRAZY ingredient list here.
Cuticles can easily become dried and in need of TLC – stop looking at my poor neglected fingers! Prevent your cuticles from becoming dry, cracked, and painful by using this nourishing recipe.
More Lavender Essential Oil Uses
- Add 8–12 drops to 2 ounces of distilled water and spray under beds and in closets for a fresh, pleasing aroma.
- Apply 2–4 drops to skin to moisturize and enhance skin radiance.
- Diffuse at night for a calming aroma during sleep.
- To help promote a peaceful day at school, consider adding a drop of Lavender essential oil to this braided leather bracelet (perfect for boys and girls)!
See all of our Lavender Essential Oil recipes here!
Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil
Which brings me to peppermint brownie bites…it’s not what you think. These brownies don’t taste like the syrupy sweet candy canes people eat in December. There are no crazy, crunchy bits of anything interrupting the moist deliciousness. The peppermint essential oil that we use is herbal and energizing and blends in perfectly with chocolate!
These Peppermint Vitality recipes aren’t all about dessert though! Grab clean, fresh breath with our Peppermint Mouthwash recipe! This simple mix contains no alcohol, artificial flavors, or colors, and has a clean rinsing effect with no burning (Why did I put up with the burning for SO MANY YEARS?!)
There’s quite possibly nothing better than a steaming cup of hot cocoa on a cold night. Kick it up a bit with our Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix! I love using Peppermint Vitality essential oil in this recipe since it only takes 1 to 2 drops to achieve the a rich, icy blast of delicious flavor.
See all of our Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil recipes here!
Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
Our Lemon Blueberry Frozen Yogurt is a burst of freshness and it takes only 3 ingredients and about 30 minutes to make! It also makes a perfect summer snack.
These tiny desserts are big on flavor. Not too sweet and not too tart, they pack a delicious lemony punch…super easy to whip up and perfect for your next get together.
When the air becomes crisp and cool, whip up a batch of these delightful Honey Lemon Throat Drops. The delicious sweetness of honey and the mild tartness of Lemon Vitality essential oil come together to help ease your discomfort.
See all of our Lemon Vitality Essential Oil recipes here!
Frankincense Essential Oil
These men’s cologne recipes are a great natural alternative for those who can’t wear commercial colognes due to allergies or other sensitivities. If you’d like to make a version from your Young Living Starter Kit, just combine 20 drops of Frankincense essential oil in a 10ml spray bottle and fill with vodka. Sounds crazy but smells CRAZY GOOD (Get the details and supplies in the link below).
We know that essential oils can naturally affect emotions. Try these roller blends to help your emotional balance or make one with JUST Frankincense…you know you love that pure and simple awesomeness it offers.
Show your skin some love with this luxurious body butter that is loaded with emollients, moisturizers, and antioxidants! The best part of this body butter may be that it is infused with Frankincense which helps provide a sense of grounding and may help relieve the winter blues.
More Tips for Using Frankincense Essential Oil
- Calm your emotions and alleviate occasional nervous irritability by applying a drop on the inside of your wrist and rubbing your wrists together.
- Frankincense can also be diffused for emotional and mental grounding.
- Apply 1–2 drops to the face and neck to minimize visual blemishes and add a healthy looking glow.
- Diffuse to enrich prayer, yoga, or meditation for a deeper spiritual connection.
- Apply 2–4 drops to moisturize dry skin.
- Excellent to use for massage after activity.
See all of our Frankincense Essential Oil recipes here!
Thieves Vitality Essential Oil
While this streusel is baking, the aroma is sweet, mildly spicy, and quite delightful on a brisk, autumn day! To make a version of this tasty dish with only your Young Living Starter Kit, simply use 4 drops of Thieves Vitality in place of the other spicy oils. Yum!
Your day isn’t complete unless you’ve had a shot or two of NingXia Red. This nutritional supplement is delicious and balanced all by itself. These recipes let you take your wellness one step further with some creative shots of energizing goodness! Try one of our favorite or simply add a drop of Thieves Vitality to your daily shot of NingXia Red for a boost of internal wellness.
Additional Thieves Vitality Usage Tips
- You can also add 1-2 drops of Thieves Vitality to a clear vegetable capsule and take daily as an important part of your health regimen.
- You can also try adding a drop to your morning tea, juice, or coffee for a spicy yet sweet flavor.
- Or try adding to your morning oatmeal, granola, or cereal to elevate the flavor.
See all of our Thieves Vitality Essential Oil recipes here!
Even your slow cooker needs an occasional deep clean. Use baking soda and Citrus Fresh essential oils to make a powdery-paste to clean the inside of the slow cooker insert. Plus, it will remove an unwanted scents left behind from last night’s dinner.
This dishwasher tab recipe is a great natural cleanser to use on your dishes. The detergent gets your dishes clean, gets out odors, and doesn’t leave a yucky residue in the washer. Replace the toxic chemicals that you might currently use in your dishwasher and replace them with natural ingredients.
Save laundry drying time by using wool dryer balls. Dryer balls help move the clothes around the dryer during the cycle and the wool absorbs moisture to help dry our clothes faster! For a huge boost in freshness, add 2 drops of essential oil to each dryer ball about 5 minutes before you load them.
More Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Uses
- Combine 5 drops of Citrus Fresh with 5 drops of Lavender and 2 ounces distilled water in a spray bottle. You’ve just created your new favorite room spray for every room in the house…especially powerful for eliminating unpleasant smells such as smoke, mildew, and stale food odors from your drapes, carpet, and the air all around.
- Place 5 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 1 cup white vinegar in your toilet for 5 minutes (not too much unless you want a volcano effect!). Then we come back, quickly brush the sides and under the rim, and flush away the residue.
- Massage 1–2 drops to moisturize dry skin.
- Diffuse to clean the air of foul or stale odors.
See all of our Citrus Fresh Essential Oil recipes here!
This chest rub recipe only takes 3 ingredients. It’s great to have on hand throughout the winter in case nasty coughs arise!
Winter can be a magical time filled with holidays, parties, and cuddling by the fire. Unfortunately, it can also be cold and icy. Make it a little more tolerable for a friend with this Winter Gift Basket!
More Tips for Using Raven Essential Oil
- Rub on your feet or chest before exercising to invigorate your workout.
- Diffuse or add to a bowl of hot water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the soothing steam.
- Add to an Epsom salt bath to create a soothing, winter soak.
- Apply with a carrier oil to the chest, neck, and throat areas as needed.
See all of our Raven Essential Oil recipes here!
DiGize Vitality Essential Oil
If you wait until after you eat to savor your daily shot of NingXia Red, try this recipe for a refreshing minty finish. This combination supports normal digestion and tastes cool and delicious.
DiGize can be used for supporting digestion. Use with vegetable capsules or directly into your water along with Peppermint vitality.
See all of our DiGize Vitality Essential Oil recipes here!
This sore muscle soak combines the awesomeness of PanAway AND Lavender. It’s great after a hard workout or a long run!
If you like to stay active, sometimes that leads to overworked and tired muscles. This muscle rub recipe is amazing for soothing normal, everyday aches and pains.
See all of our PanAway Essential Oil recipes here!
Stress Away Essential Oil
Relaxing, refocusing, and resetting. This spring essential oil diffuser blend is all about wiping away winter and stepping into spring with a fresh, sunshine-y outlook
Your bedtime routine has never been so simple. Just a simple Stress Away solution on your feet will help you drift away peacefully.
Super Simple Starter Kit Diffuser Favorite
For soothing and relaxing, my family’s #1 choice is this combination of 2 drops Stress Away and 2 drops Lavender. The vanilla and cedarwood in the Stress Away blend along with the classic, herbal peacefulness of Lavender are perfect for bedtime. Diffusing this before bed is a great way to wind down after a long day.
Another Stress Away Usage Tip
Sometimes adulting can be a lot of work to pull off. I put Stress Away in my diffuser necklace because it makes me happy and I feel much more relaxed, calm, and able to enjoy the trip.
See all of our Stress Away Essential Oil recipes here!
The ingredients in this recipe are great for soothing sore muscles after an intense workout. This blend is packed with the most highly-regarded essential oils to support a healthy, physical fitness routine. Copaiba essential oil is renowned for amplifying the effects of other topical essential oils.
Add 2-3 drops of Copaiba Vitality to a clear vegetable capsule and take daily as an important part of your health regimen. You can also try adding a drop or two of Copaiba Vitality to your herbal tea, such as chamomile or rooibos, to enjoy its complex, soothing flavor.
See all of our Copaiba Vitality Essential Oil recipes here!
Haven’t purchased a Young Living Starter Kit yet? Check out how easy it is HERE!
And don’t miss out on this amazing roundup of diffuser recipe blends using only PSK oils!
You might also enjoy:
- 10 Unique Essential Oils to Try (aka What you should purchase after the starter kit!)
- 5 Tips for Safely Using Essential Oils with Kids
- 7 Ways to Reuse Empty Essential Oil Bottles