Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up to more beautiful skin than you had the day before? Incorporate a DIY Clay Mask into your skincare routine, and you can! Developing a healthy skin routine is a process. It doesn’t happen overnight.
Having had not-so-great skin for most of my life, I am on a mission to ‘glow’ this year. I’ve recently found the perfect combination of face wash, toner, and moisturizer that is working well for my aging skin. I added in this DIY Clay Mask a few times a week, and my skin has never looked better.
I’ve been playing around with different essential oils in my masks. Tea Tree and Manuka have been some of my favorites…until recently.
Then came Kunzea. Wowza! I am absolutely loving the aroma of Kunzea. It almost smells like a blend to me, but it is a single oil.
Diffuse Kunzea for a relaxing atmosphere, or add it to your skin care regimen. You can even add a few drops directly to your skin with a carrier oil such as jojoba.
This DIY Clay Mask with Kunzea works hard to clear clogged pores and brighten your complexion, so you can wake up to glowing skin.
The process takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. Mix up this mask and take a moment for yourself.
This ingredient is literally ancient. It has been around for thousands of years. Bentonite clay, or calcium bentonite, is derived from volcanic ash sediments. Although not a new product, its popularity has grown recently and it has become an internet sensation of sorts.
This 100% natural clay helps pull out toxins, oil, and imperfections from the skin. It has a healing and soothing effect when applied to irritated skin. Use it on a stubborn blemish, or even a bug bite to reduce inflammation.
Kunzea Essential Oil
Kunzea hails from Australia. G’day Mate! This essential oil is brand new to Young Living’s family of oils. It was released in 2018 and has quickly become a new favorite amongst oilers. It is steam distilled from the white and pink flowers of the Kunzea plant.
Similar in composition to Tea Tree essential oil, Kunzea may improve the appearance of skin, and works to soothe aching muscles and joints. The aroma of Kunzea is milder than Tea Tree, so if you enjoy the benefits of Tea Tree, you will enjoy Kunzea. You can get Kunzea essential oil here!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is fermented from apples, sugar, and yeast. Be sure to use only raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the ‘Mother.’ This will ensure that you receive the maximum amount of good bacteria and raw enzymes.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
DIY Clay Mask for Glowing Skin
- 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3-4 drops Kunzea essential oil (where to buy)
- Combine clay and vinegar in a bowl and stir
- Add Kunzea essential oil. Mix well with a spoon to remove any clumps
- Apply to the face, avoiding the eyes and mouth
- Let dry for 10-12 minutes. Rinse with warm water or a washcloth to remove
- Finish with your favorite moisturizer. Use 1-2 times per week, or as needed
Recipes Notes and Substitutions
- Tea Tree essential oil, Manuka, Lavender, or Frankincense can be substituted for Kunzea with amazing results.
- The vinegar will fizz a bit as it reacts with the clay. Once mixed, the consistency should resemble a smooth paste.
- The mask will tingle a bit, then crack and flake off your skin when it’s time to remove.
- This mask is slightly messy and can be hard to get off your face. I have had the best results with wetting a few paper towels to get the bulk of it off, and then rinsing the rest with warm water. Less mess!
- Once you remove the mask your skin will be slightly red. Don’t be alarmed! That means the clay did its job.
My perfect evening these days is spent on the couch in jammies with a clay face mask on, the home improvement network, and a warm cup of lavender chamomile tea. You can’t wear PJs at the spa, so why not bring the spa to your living room! Just try not to scare the kids with your Frankenstein face…