I’m always looking for new ways to live a healthier more vibrant life. Sometimes that means eliminating chemicals from my cleaning routine. Other times it means adding some quality essential oils to my personal care routine. And, sometimes, it means that my fitness routine wouldn’t be the same without these tips taking me to the next level.
There are a few essential oils that really boost the effects of a good workout. Essential oils can be integrated before and after your workout to encourage your body toward your wellness goals.
We depend on these 9 essential oils for fitness and wellness support:
I like to inhale Peppermint or Aroma Siez essential oils for a quick boost of energy before my workout.
If my muscles are a little tired and fatigued, I like to massage my sore muscles with Marjoram, Idaho Balsam Fir, or Cypress essential oils. I blend these with fractionated coconut oil which massages into my skin easily with no greasy residue.
If I’ve overdone it a little, I’ll add Idaho Balsam Fir and Marjoram to an epsom salt bath immediately when I get home. Soaking for at least 30 minutes helps me recover so I can finish my day strong.
The next morning after a heavy workout, I’ll use PanAway, Basil, or Aroma Siez essential oils in a carrier oil for a quick massage to help loosen me back up again. Having a partner to do this will let you get to all the tight spots you can’t easily reach.
Most days I walk at least 4 miles. This can be too much if I’ve overdone it and didn’t give myself enough rest time. Massaging Wintergreen or PanAway into my leg muscles helps me recover after a nice long walk (especially when there are more hills than normal – ugh!).
PanAway is a fascinating blend that includes the naturally occurring constituents methyl salicylate, gammacurcumene, menthol, and eugenol. This is a huge help for my husband’s back and neck, too.
Finally, Copaiba essential oil is my #1 go-to essential oil for muscle massage. It amplifies the effects of other topical oils boosting the effectiveness of all their uses.
You might also be interested in these recipes that help support your healthy fitness routine.
Premixing this oil to have on hand will make your post-workout routine faster to get you back on track for the rest of your day.
If you have time for a slow bath, throw in some of this Bath Soak to help ease your muscle soreness.
Finish off before bed with a nice massage with our Muscle Rub Cream. It’s cooling and relaxing. You know your back is begging for a good, long massage.
Your family will love you if you toss some deodorizing powder into your sneakers. Please. Just do it!
Grab a bunch of these for your locker or gym bag to keep odors away from your workout gear and yoga mat.
You know you need to drink more water. Did you know that adding 1 – 2 drops of Grapefruit Vitality could help you meet your weight management goals? I love the way it tastes, too!
I’ve been starting my day with this easy green smoothie and I find that I’m not having crazy carb cravings. At all. So that’s really helping me stay energetic and avoid afternoon slumps in motivation.
I came up with our next smoothie recipe because I thoroughly LOVE peanut butter. It’s just like dessert to me. So when I found out that I adored the Young Living Protein Complete, it was an easy combination to put together for a post-workout recovery shake.
Enjoy this Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie after a workout.
- The peanut butter powder has great flavor and loads of protein to help rebuild strong muscles. (I really like this brand of peanut butter powder because it doesn’t have any added sugar or salt.)
- The banana is a super source of potassium to help your muscles recover.
- And have you tried the Protein Complete Vanilla Spice flavor? I depend on Designer Protein as the basis for most of my protein shakes, but Young Livings’ Protein Complete has a great flavor, too. I use them interchangeably since they’re both a delicious option.
- Endoflex Vitality is a unique blend of Sesame Seed Oil, Spearmint, Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, Nutmeg, and German Chamomile. This specially formulated blend is labeled specifically for internal use and includes the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, carvone, geraniol, limonene, camphor, and myristicin. It uplifts and invigorates to help you jump start your healthy lifestyle.
It’s seriously peanut-buttery and delicious! Try this smoothie today!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Peanut Butter Post Workout Protein SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- Add the banana, ice, peanut butter powder, and Protein complete to your blender. Add enough water to cover the solid ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Place the Endoflex Vitality essential oil into your tumbler. Pour the smoothie into the tumbler. Stir gently to blend in the essential oil. Enjoy immediately!